How Can I be Saved?

If you are not a Christian, you might be wondering how someone becomes a Christian.  It is actually quite simple, but for some people it takes years to get to a place in their lives to be able to do it.

What becoming a Christian requires, that can be hard for so many is accepting the realization that while God, the creator of the universe is perfect and holy, we the creations have “…sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23, HCSB).  Our sins have separated us from God, our creator.  The “bad news/good news” of this is that while there is nothing we can do to make-up for our failings–both intentional and unintentional–Jesus has made amends for us so that we can be acceptable in God’s presence again.

So, what is required to become a Christian? Let’s see what the Bible says:

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23, HCSB)

“For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16, HCSB)

“Jesus told him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’” (John 14:6, HCSB)

If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9, HCSB)

So, to become a Christian and receive Jesus’ gift of forgiveness, you need only to ask Him.  Here is an example prayer, that if you will pray it and mean it in your heart, you can be forgiven of your sins and become a child of God (Christian):

“Heavenly Father, I have sinned against You, and there is nothing I can do on my own to make-up for my sins.  I know that only Jesus, and His sacrifice of dying on the cross can cover my sins.  I ask that Jesus be Lord of my life, as He is over all creation. I ask that you send the Holy Spirit to guide me through life, so that I can live a life pleasing to you.  All of this I ask in Jesus’ name.  Amen.”

If you prayed this prayer, and really meant it in your heart, then you are born into a new life as a new creation in Jesus Christ.  We praise the Lord for you and we welcome you into the Christian family.

If you made this proclamation of faith, please contact us so that we can send you resources to help you continue in your new Christian life.  You can contact us by using the Prayer Request form.  Please include in your message that you prayed the salvation prayer, and be sure to include your email address for us to contact you.


How Can I be Saved?